The Mountain King [Original] The Mountain King [Original]

Great piece, beautiful melody!
Tip for piano: lower cutoff to make it softer, fluctuate tempo, and alternate velocities on each note to make the piano more realistic!
Especially for solos, you should end the piece with a ritardando to make it seem more like an ending, since I felt the ending was a bit abrupt.

Retnuh7 responds:

I've been wondering how to do that, thanks for the help!

Journey [Original] Journey [Original]

I really like the sound effects along with the reverb. In my opinion, to make it more lively like a journey, I think some bright pads would help. Also, a more syncopated drum pattern instead of this simple kick-snare-kick-snare would help liven up the feeling.

Like Zelgeon said, the plucked melody sounds really nice!

Nice work!

Retnuh7 responds:

I'll try and think of a more original drum pattern next time, it's something that I've been meaning to work at.
Thanks for the review!

Empire Empire

5/5 and scouted :D

I love your orchestral style, I always to achieve that, a combination of orchestra and electronic...
You are a great composer! You sure can tell stories through music.

Miyolophone responds:

Thanks so much ACXLE! This type of "questing" music is my favorite kind to write. I'm glad you liked it so much :D

Rainy Sunday Rainy Sunday

To start off: great beat! You got me moving along to this piece.
Now a little critique:

The piano, however, is very 2-D, if you get what I mean. And very repetitive. I recommend some jazzy plucked chords to go along with the piano, and add a bass clef line to the piano too.

As a pianist and composer myself, I've been taught a few tips about harmony:
1. never rely on P5s...they sound very ugly by themselves. This sounds like you're trying to give us a sense of jazziness; I would recommended using M7s, M2s, and m6s.
2. don't parallel the top line (piano) to the bottom line (bass). you can move in the same direction but if the two lines are the same spaces apart the whole time it doesn't sound very nice. I recommend diverging the lines (top line move up, bottom move down). But really it doesn't matter as long as it sounds good.

Overall this is a great. Perhaps substitute the piano with some funky chords? Whatever suits you best. Hope to see more from you!

~ ACXLE